This happened to Me!
On a previous trip to Colorado I was camping up behind the town of
Granite in a nice flat area that I could ATV/prospect from. It had
turned to drizzling rain and I had been weathered in a couple days.
I wanted to take a shower and jumped out to light my water heater on
the back of the camper. As I went to light the pilot on the heater my
fingers were stung by something. Each time I tried to light it, it bit me
again. I looked in and saw nothing, no bugs, spiders or bees. Then I
realized this wasn't due to an insect but that I was getting shocked by
electricity. I had camped close to some overhead power lines and the
high humidity was conducting electricity to my camper. Each time
I touched it I would complete the path to ground, and get shocked!
I jumped in the truck and moved it far away from the lines.
The photo above isn't in Colorado but is almost the same
situation where I had camped. I just thought I would
pass this on for others to ponder.
Scary Stuff !
Back to Bill and Linda's